Epode’s Canada Obesity ForumFriday, April 17, 2015
As part of the 4th Canadian Obesity Summit, EPODE Canada presents its first Canadian Regional Forum. This one-day workshop is designed for program managers, local community coordinators or program advisors of childhood obesity prevention programs, and to share knowledge and practical advice between EPODE and Canadian programs.
Senior members of the EPODE global team including program managers from programs in Belgium and the Netherlands will share their practical experience on program design, social marketing actions, private public partnerships and program evaluation. Canadian program managers will report on their experience and learnings and discuss barriers and levers to working in the Canadian context. A special workshop on program evaluation, chaired by Dr. Emile Levy of Hospital St. Justine in Montreal will discuss practical approaches to evaluating process and outcomes. A special luncheon presentation on kids and nutrition will be given by the founders of Real Foods for Real Kids. A networking event will be held afterwards for more informal discussion or questions. By attending this landmark event you will find ideas that can help you improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your childhood obesity prevention program.
The cost of the full day workshop includes lunch and the networking event. Attendees can choose to attend only the EPODE Canada workshop or to continue on with the full Summit program and presentations. Program members of the EPODE International Network may attend at a significantly reduced rate.
Through these presentations and workshops, participants will learn to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of a community-based childhood obesity prevention program by learning:
- The 23 year evolution of the EPODE methodology and its critical success factors. e.g. the four pillars.
- Best practices from community-based programs around the world in program design, social marketing actions, private public partnershipsand program evaluation methodologies.
- Valuable insights into barriers and opportunities in the Canadian context via experts in the field presenting their findings and experience.
- Participants will share knowledge with other similar programs, and become part of a Canada-wide network of childhood obesity prevention programs.
Who should attend:
Anyone interested in improving the efficiency and effectiveness of implementing a childhood obesity prevention programs. This includes:
- program managers
- local community coordinators
- program advisors (academics, health care professionals) of childhood obesity prevention programs
See a full list of topics in our schedule (as of January 19th 2015).
Registration (ends April 28, 2015)
Members of EPODE Canada and the Canadian Obesity Summit receive discounts on registration! Become a member of the EPODE International Network today!
General – $350
EPODE Network members- $225
Registration is now open!