Obesity Tip Sheet For PhysiotherapistsWednesday, September 24, 2014
Many people living with obesity experience significant physical limitations that can be addressed with appropriate physical therapeutic approaches.
Now, the Bariatric Resource Team of Alberta Health Services has compiled a “Tip Sheet“ that briefly highlights the role of physiotherapeutic interventions in the care of people with obesity.
The sheet includes recommendations on the following topics:
– Challenges With Movement, Pain or Daily Function
– Obesity Related Co-morbidities that Affect Daily Function
– Energy Management
– Posture and Positioning Issues
– Activity Counselling Needs
– Equipment Issues
– Access to Community Resources
This “Tip Sheet” should be helpful to anyone involved in the care of bariatric patients.